What you can expect of us:
- A caring, stimulating environment designed to bring out the best in your child.
- A dedicated staff, with many years experience of working with preschool children.
- For us to always treat your child in a fair and consistent manner.
- For us to offer a variety of seasonal indoor and outdoor activities.
- For us to introduce your children to new experiences wherever possible.
- For us to always strive to do the best we can for your child. What we expect of you:
- To reinforce at home the values we adhere to at Playgroup: ‘Sharing, friendship and kindness’.
- To respect the times and rules of the Playgroup .
- To give whatever time/resources you can, however little, to ensure the successful running of the group.
How can I help?
Please tick at least 2 areas you can help with:
- Join the Committee who meet every 6/8 weeks for 1-2 hours (positions include Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, events co-ordinator fundraiser, Communications/Publicity). Ask Katie for further information on the roles available.
- Join the Events team & Fundraising team (to help out at our popular annual events:- Source raffle and tombola prizes, Ceilidh, Christmas Fair, Race night and Summer Sports Day) An hour of your time makes a world of difference – man a stall, provide home baking, do some face painting, set up/tidy up etc
- Source materials (paper/tissue/hand wash/nappies/antibacterial spray/wipes – anything relevant to the group really! Speak to Katie for further information).
- Source raffle and tombola prizes
Parental involvement in the playgroup is mandatory. Though we are different to most community playgroups in that we have no playroom parent rota, there are numerous other vital jobs for which parental involvement is indispensable. We ask that parents complete the relevant introductory questions with care, giving due consideration to how best they can match their own personal skill/resource base to the needs of the Playgroup of which they and their child are to become a member. The welcome evenings and committee meetings provide further opportunity for parents to familiarise themselves with the ways in which they can support the Playgroup, and we generally find that, with time and experience of working with the group, each individual comes to tailor their contribution according to their own unique abilities.